Chapter 12 - Catch-up
DCI Coulson isn't pleased with DI Hanson's lack of progres.
"I'm sorry, I can't see how you missed that. Even the tech said it was too obvious ! OK so 10 out of 10 for taking down a bunch of villains but minus several thousand points for getting the wrong villains." said a slightly angry DCI Alison Coulson.
" ... 'Wrong' villains !" said a confused DI Hanson.
"Yes, they knew about your sting before you did, led you by the nose to one of their competitors and then you allowed your systems to be compromised. They must be pissing themselves laughing." said DCI Coulson.
"They won't be laughing when I catch them" said DI Hanson
"IF you catch them ! Look, if there is some kind of 'wife disposal service' there must be a starting point, a case 'zero' if you like. You had two highly improbable car accidents with both husbands standing to gain substantially from their wives deaths, so why not start there." said DCI Coulson.
"OK, I'll start going through their financial records and emails." said DI Hanson.
"Jeasus ! few people would be stupid enough to pay for a hit-man with their own credit card, so it's highly unlikely you'll find anything there. You are going to have to do some serious lateral thinking to get these guys. But before you do anything else, clean-up your systems, sort out the security and most importantly, find out how they got in and who might have helped them. You know, basic police stuff !" said DCI Coulson sarcastically.
"I just don't understand all this computer shit, I don't even have one at home." announced DI Hanson proudly.
"And there lies the problem, " said DCI Coulson " next you'll be saying you don't understand telephones, or electricity, or cars. This is the 21st century, get in it ... or get lost !"
Go to : Chapter 11 :: Chapter 13 :: Back to list :: The Blog :: Dark :
|If you like this story, donate a small amount and encourage more stories to be written.|
- The Wife Disposal Service (TWDS) - A story about a special service to dispose of wives so the husbands can keep their vast wealth when their marriges break down.
- Chapter 1 - Problem - Two men discus murder to solve a very expensive problem by hacking car computer systems.
- Chapter 2 - Dry Run - Two men review the first hit and discuss ways to move large sums of money and to predict divorce using spyware.
- Chapter 3 - 1st Test Run - We learn some of the hacking techniques used. The two men review the second hit and realise they need improvements.
- Chapter 4 - Shopfront - James get suspicious of his wife Sarah & finds TWDS on a Silk Road.
- Chapter 5 - Target 31 - James learns Sarah (his wife) is planning to divorce and gets TWDS to dispose of her. DI Hanson realises he is out of his depth.
- Chapter 6 - Chicken - Jack decides to disappear his wife but later breaks down and gets arrested creating a very big problem for TWDS
- Chapter 7 - Expansion - More hackers and hit-men are needed so they go recruiting. Hacker Greg meets 'Sarah' and gets the job-offer of a lifetime
- Chapter 8 - Hard Day at the Office - Heike & Keith go on an operation and Heike gets injured.
- Chapter 9 - The Sting - DI Hanson sets up a sting and DS Paul Cooper pretends to use TWDS to un-wife.
- Chapter 10 - Dildo - An ex SAS trouper gets recruited by Debz and gets to meet the gang ... and Claire !
- Chapter 11 - Floating Ideas - How to kill June (Target 45). Client 45 turns out to be a peodo, so they turn it around and kill him instead.
- Chapter 12 - Catch-up - DCI Coulson isn't pleased with DI Hanson's lack of progres.
- Chapter 13 - Protocol 2 - Deborah realises she being tailed by the police and has to take drastic measures.
- Chapter 14 - Evacuation - Heike and the black-hats are forced to leave by helicopter. Anton and the field-ops try out some amazing tech in their van.
- Chapter 15 - Quick Job - A quick job for ganster boss who isn't what he seems.
- Chapter 16 - Meanwhile ... - The police begin to understand what TWDS is and how they opperate.
- Chapter 17 - Workshop - Deborah gets to meet the black-hats who make the technology used by TWDS.
- Chapter 18 - Hostage - Black-hat Claire gets taken hostage in a hold-up. The guys have to get her out before the police realise who she is and question her.
- Chapter 19 - Death Drone - A rich man decides his wife is spending too much and hires TWDS to dispose of her before he runs out of cash.
- Chapter 20 - Closing In - The police finally figure out how they can catch TWDS.
- Chapter 21 - Endgame - The police finally catch-up with TWDS but things aren't quite what they seem.