Science is the study of the nature and behaviour of natural things and the knowledge that we obtain about them.
Science has many branches of study and are listed below :-
Astronomy is the study of celestial objects in the universe like stars, planets, moons and galaxies. There a three sub-branches :-
- Astrophysics is the study of the physics of the universe.
- Exobiology deals with the possibility and likely nature of life on other planets or moons.
- Exogeology (AKA Astrogeology) deals with the geology of planets and their moons, asteroids, comets and meteorites.
Biology is the study of living organisms including people, plants, animals and micro-organisms.
- Anatomy is the study of the structure and organisation of living things.
- Bacteriology is the study of bacteria that cause disease.
- Biochemistry is the study of organic chemistry of compounds and processes in living organisms.
- Biotechnology is the large-scale commercial use of micro-organisms in processes for producing chemicals like drugs, vaccines; hormones, etc.
- Botany is the study of plant life.
- Ecology is the study of how living organisms interact with their environment and with each other.
- Genetics is the study of genes, heredity and how it affects organisms through subsequent generations.
- Marine Biology is the study of animal and plant life that live in saltwater like oceans.
- Molecular Biology is the study of biology at the molecular level.
- Paleontology is the study of life-forms that lived thousands or millions of years ago like dinosaurs.
- Virology is the study of viruses.
- Zoology is the study of animals.
Chemistry is the study of the composition, properties, reactions and the structure of matter.
Geology is the study of earth, its structure and history.
- Petrology is the study of geological and chemical composition of rocks.
- Seismology is the study of earthquakes and the movement of shock-waves through the earth.
- Plate tectonics is a theory describing the large-scale motion of seven large plates and the movements of a larger number of smaller plates of the Earth's crust.
Physics is the study of matter, energy and the interactions between them.
- Acoustics deals with how sound is produced, transmitted, received and controlled. It also deals with the effects of sound in various mediums like gas, liquid and solids.
- Electronics deals with the emission, behaviour and effects of electrons and electronic devices. It encompasses a very broad range of technology.
- Optics deals with the propagation of light (including infrared and ultraviolet) through matter and instruments that gather information on these interactions.
- Thermodynamics deals with temperature and it's relation to energy and work. The behaviour of these quantities is governed by the four laws of thermodynamics.
Mathematics is the abstract science of number, quantity and space.
- Pure Mathematics is the study and development mathematics for a deeper understanding and an expanded knowledge of mathematics itself.
- Applied Mathematics is used in physics, engineering, biology and electronics.
(C) 2016 ~ 2021 SI7 - Stats